6/25/2009

I'm Sorry

Those two words are so odd to me.

It seems people use them too much, like "I love you" only worse.

It seems a curse on our society, like, we can't be free, because we always have to say I'm sorry,

To someone. Always, and we begin to use it without thinking, or knowing what we're sorry for.

I'm sorry it rained (you have no control)

I'm sorry your train is late (are you the conductor?)

I'm sorry i might have accidentally offened someone, somewhere (is it possible not to?)

I'm sorry I was born into a better life than you (if you're so sorry is it better?)

I'm sorry I'm so poor (will apologizing fix it?)

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry

It seems more and more that apologies aren't worth our time

And, I wish I could say I'd eluded this curse, but that would be a lie.

Because I still apologize as much as everyone else

For things that aren't my fault, or that are controlled by someone else

So don't think that I'm somehow above the norm

Shit, I'm sorry if I over-stepped my bounds,

Wait, this is my blog, why do I have to apologize

For someone, somewhere who's wandering eyes

might be offended by my quote-unquote lies

But now I digress, and I'm so sorry for wasting your time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this directed at me, love?