5/03/2010

On pity

First, I would like to start this post with a big fuck you to Matt. Now onto the post.

So, I've been thinking about people and unemployment and all that. Only a couple months ago, I was unemployed, wanting someone to hire me, and getting very angry at the setting around me. After coming back to michigan, finding a job, and now, looking for a second (and with an interview today, I'm quite excited) I'm thinking that people are just full of shit.

I mean, I'll admit, bus boy isn't exactly a stellar, six figure job, but it's job, and in all reality, it's a livable job. I'm finding that people are kinda just full of it. So many of my friends are unemployed and sit and bitch about. Many people I know are unemployed and sit and bitch about it. I'm sick of the sitting and bitching. I mean, I managed to find a job, relatively quickly, and while the second has been longer coming, I'll admit I haven't been looking as hard (partially due to having a first job and other responsibilities). I just cannot pity or feel for those who don't look.

When I first got home I spent everyday, save Sunday, applying for, looking for and walking around cities asking for a job. It was essentially a job. I spent my days looking fro a job until I found one. And I had to sit and wait for 45 minutes before a manager finally got to me. I just think people are so used to being handed things, that they don't realize finding a job is a bitch and a half. If you're not willing to devote a ton of time to finding one, you're not going to find one.

It's very simple, one would think that people would realize it, but then again, there's alot of things people don't realize. So, I'm sick of people complaining that they're unemployed, whilst I hang out with them at three in the afternoon. If you're sick of it, go look for a job, and don't see me before 5pm until you do, shut up and do it.

2 comments:

mschieren said...

ilu2 kiki

"i work haaaaaaaaaaard for de moneyyyyyy"

Amber said...

I agree. It's why I take my clothes off for a living (well, one of the reasons). Fuck not being self-sufficient. The end.