2/16/2009

My First Post

...Will in fact, not be a rant. It's simply a statement as to how much I love instrumental music. It's pretty amazing, I mean, conveying an entire landscape without the use of words, which we rely on so much. It's kind of why I love it.
I mean... anyone can write in the most rudimentary sense, blunt things like, "I love you." Or, "Go screw yourself." It takes a large portion of talent to take words and turn them into something subtle and useful, such as the likes or Shakespeare or Mark Twain. But, to simply take noise, and turn it into complicated emotions and imaginary landscapes visible really only in the human mind... that's talent.
Mind you, I'm not knocking writers, they have a talent of their own that is incomparable, I am simply stating my amazement at the ability of instrumental composers.

Hmm... guess that was a tad bit of a rant... not nearly as scathing or mean as one would expect a rant to be, oh well, there's time for that.

Until the next moon,
Your Humble 19 year old Know-it-all

5 comments:

mschieren said...

What happened to the constant: "MY LIFE IS A PILE OF SHIT" posts that I expected of you?

tisk tisk.

:)

Anonymous said...

instrumental (strings) = yes.

Anonymous said...

That was waxing poetic.

Rita Loca said...

So... from your title, I take it you are a House fan? Me too!

KPOni said...

Matt... shut up.

Lisa, you are correct.

Mika, thank you... I think.

Jungle Mom, I am, my room mate is more so though. However, we are planning on naming our band (once it's fully formed) It's Not Lupus.